- Do I need to be a UBC graduate to book Cecil Green Park House?
- Is there parking?
- What catering options are available?
- When is Cecil Green Park House available for events?
- What is the maximum capacity of the house?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What’s the history of the house?
No! Anybody can book Cecil Green Park House for their events. However, UBC alumni get some special perks.
Guests may be driven directly to the main entrance, however the entrance; driveway to Cecil Green Park is a fire lane and parking is only allowed in designated lots nearby.
Pre-paid parking may be obtained from UBC Parking Services at 604.822.6786.
Parking on Cecil Green Park Road is available according to the following guidelines:
- Metered parking is available in the lot directly in front of Cecil Green. All other parking on Cecil Green Park Road is restricted to permit holders only Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- After 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, and for parking anytime on Saturdays and Sundays there is a flat fee of $8
- For up to date parking rates click here https://parking.ubc.ca/hourly-rates.
- Please note that parking meters are in effect seven days a week until 12:00 am.
- In addition, paid covered parking is available in the Rose Garden Parkade, located between East Mall and West Mall on North West Marine Drive.
- You may also download the “Honk” Mobile App. on your phone. Our Zone # is 5606
All food and beverages served at Cecil Green Park (with the exception of celebration cakes for weddings, birthdays, etc.) are provided through our caterer, Scholar’s Catering. Scholar’s manages the liquor license for Cecil Green Park House in accordance with BC liquor laws.
Scholar’s Catering offers set menus, will custom-design menus, or arrange for special or ethnic dishes, as well as a drop-delivery service for business meetings. They will provide table linens, china, etc., catering staff and full bar service.
Please visit Scholar’s website at www.catering.ubc.ca to view menu options and policies, or call them directly at 604.822.2018 for further details.
In addition, approved off-site catering companies are permitted access to Cecil Green Park for drop-delivery catering services between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. Drop-delivery catering services can only be used for business meetings, and for which no service staff is required or no alcohol will be served.
- Monday through Sunday 9:30am – 3:00pm or 5:30pm – 1:00am.
- Monday through Thursday times can be flexible depending on events booked
- Full day buyouts can be arranged please contact email@example.com
- 2018 Booking Calendar Opens on September 3rd 2016
- See Availability and Advance Booking Privileges
The maximum capacity at any given time for the house or grounds is 200 people.
For Summer weddings the house can accommodate 140 guests seated or 200 guests for a cocktail style reception. For winter events we suggest no more than 100 guests.
Please note that Fire Marshall regulations do not allow the maximum capacities to be exceeded.
The maximum capacity of individual rooms is listed on the Facilities page.
- Notice of cancellations must be received in writing.
- Cancellations will be charged a penalty according to the following:
|Time of booking to 365 days prior to event date||10 % of rental fee|
|181 days to 364 days prior to event date||25 % of rental fee|
|91 days to 180 days prior to event date||50 % of rental fee|
|90 days prior to event date||100% of rental fee|
Built in 1912 by architect Samuel Maclure for Edward Davis, a prominent Canadian Pacific Railway lawyer, Cecil Green Park was originally named Kanakla, a West Coast native word meaning ‘house on the cliff’.
Successive owners named the house Yorkeen and Langara. It was renamed in honour of Dr. and Mrs. Cecil Green, who bought the house in 1967 and generously donated it to the campus for “town and gown” purposes.